We are always amazed at the sheer variety of canine sports that our students compete in. In the last month or so our students and instructors, have worked (and excelled) in obedience, tracking, herding, conformation and more… There is a lot to “wag” about here!
- Margaret Jezek and her Bernese Mountain Dog, Tango earned their tracking dog title
- Kelly and Turbo earned their first leg on their Urban Tracking Title
- Bonnie Judd and her Briard, Ruckus, earned their PCD
- Hedy Rankin and Dinah had two nice Qs in two rounds in Open B at the Lynden Wa show. The weekend before at the big Tradex show, Dinah and Hedy took BOSS at the Peace Arch Working and Herding Specialty.
- Hedy Rankin and Jazz finished their MOTCH at the Fraser Dog Fancier’s show in Cloverdale on Oct 7, 2012 with two smokin’ runs in Open B with a score of 198 and Utility B with a score of 197 under Judge Roland Belanger.
- Terri Gueck had an awesome weekend at the Lower Mainland Dog Fanciers Show with her Tibetan Terrier, Tenzing, who took two Group 1’s and a Group 4
- Karen Brearley and her shetland sheepdog, Kitty, had a successful conformation weekend almost completing her championship in one weekend. She took the female points 3 out of 4 days, took Best Opposite over 2 girl specials and finished the weekend taking Best of Breed over 4 specials!
- Karen also wowed the LMDF crowds with her Shetland Sheepdog, Ember, with a herding demonstration using Indian Runner Ducks, where Ember showed that she could control the ducks not only in the ring but was able to herd them through the crowd of onlookers to additional applause.
- Heidi Martin and her Staffordshire, Stryker, earned 3 legs
in three trials to earn their CDX Title.
- Carol Hauta and Doberman, Nikon, got their second Advanced rally leg.
- Haley Legassie and her Rhodesian Ridgeback, Safari, got their first novice leg (first time in the ring to boot).
- Instructor, Lori Little and her Scottish Terrier, Morgan, won the Novice class at the Terrier Specialty at the LMDF show.
- Wendi Daeschsel and Kyros her Belgian Shepard earned their first open leg
- Sandy Potter and her German Shepherd, Jessi, earned their first 2 legs in novice
- Steve Hall and Winston his English Springer Spaniel earned their first leg from Novice. Rally, class (first time in ring).
- Maureen Fanthorpe and her Cattle Dog, Merry Jessie, earned their final leg in Rally Novice.
- Heather Pederson and her Standard Schnauzer, Tres Bein earned the First leg of her CD at the FVDF show and HQS Standard Schnauzer.Then they went off to Northern California and competed in Rally at the Skyline, and Del Valle shows and came away with a new AKC Rally Novice title and a High in Class.
- And last but not least Janice Gunn and Mighty ventured to Lynden, WA on November 4th to compete in an Advanced Novice Class. Mighty earned a 200 score and had a great time! Not to be out done by Mighty, Raisin competed in Beginner Novice and also earned a 200 score.
If you have had a recent win don’t be shy – let us know – email Leslie Williams our webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your dog’s name and breed, the win and the show it occurred at and… any other details you would like to share.